Are you passionate about working with sustainable forest management and investments? Are you keen on networking? And do you possess strong managerial qualities? Then we have an exciting position at HD Forest!
THE POSITION – IN BRIEF
HD Forest, being an independent part of the Forest Division of HedeDanmark a/s, is seeking a Baltic Forest Director to provide leadership to our teams across the Baltic States. In this position, you will be responsible for HD Forest’s activities in the Baltic States and as such have the overall managerial responsibility within the frames of HD Forest’s strategies and policies.
ABOUT HD FOREST
HD Forest offers forest management in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania for foreign investors and local forest owners. Our activities are based on more than 20 years of proven track record of delivering quality forest management and investor value. HD Forest has experienced substantial growth over the past five years. HD forest is managing approx. 90,000 ha.
Your new colleagues:
Four employees from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will refer directly to you, while you will refer to the Divisional Director of Forestry. Overall, you will be responsible for 29 dedicated Baltic employees. In addition, you will be part of an ambitious network, which consists of co-workers across different business areas in HedeDanmark.
YOUR TASKS WILL BE:
WE EXPECT THAT YOU:
- Execution and development of the HD Forest strategy
- Human resources management of HD Forest’s leader team, including providing support and supervision to the team
- Ensuring cohesive practice between teams
- Ongoing support to process optimization and development of systems
- Supporting employees in developing strong trusting relationships with clients
- Responsibility for the total financial result of HD Forest
- Developing a strong presence in the forest industry and a wide network of contacts
WE OFFER YOU:
- possess strong leadership skills and have worked in a senior management/strategic role
- have a natural ability to work systematically
- are an excellent communicator with high influencing and negotiating skills
- have experience working with forestry investments (desirable)
- are willing to travel extensively
- MSc/BSc in Forestry
- Speak English at business level
An attractive position at HD Forest. Here, you will have a great opportunity to work with forest management helping forest owners and investors with different goals and objectives. The position as Baltic Forest Director will involve a certain amount of travel activity. We expect you to be present in the Baltic States 15-20 percent of your working hours. If you are living in Denmark, you will have the possibility of being affiliated to one of HedeDanmark’s offices in Viborg, Kolding, Aarhus or Sorø.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Divisional Director, Mr Steen Vincens Riber at +45 21 47 02 98.
You will become part of a growing company, where we work according to the vision: "We build a sustainable future - with nature as a partner”.
For further information on HD Forest, please visit www.hdforest.com
Place of work:
Viborg, Kolding, Aarhus or Sorø
Clink the bottom below and submit your application as soon as possible.
Interviews will take place on the 12th of November and on the 16th of November 2021. Please note that we will map your personal profile during the hiring process.